How Can We Help You

I'm a Retiree
What You Need to Know
Updating Your Address

If you receive your monthly annuity check in the mail, you must complete a Change of Address form and send it back to the Fund.

If your monthly payment is directly deposited to your bank, you may change your address by completing the form, logging in to your account, or contacting the Fund.

Depositing Your Monthly Annuity Payment

By signing up for the Fund's Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) program, your monthly annuity will be sent directly to your bank account. The money is available on the first business day of each month.

We encourage you to sign up for EFT. Simply complete the Electronic Deposit of Annuity Payments form, sign it and mail it with a voided check from the designated account to the Fund.

Viewing EFT Notices 

You can log in to view your EFT Notices—showing your monthly transactions and year-to-date balance—for any month of your retirement from January 2006 forward. 

withholding income tax from your annuity payment

If you choose, the Fund can withhold federal income taxes from your annuity payment. To make a change, please complete an IRS Form W-4P.

The Fund can only withhold state income taxes if you live in New York. If you live in any other state, you will be required to file your state income taxes either quarterly or annually (depending on your state and your income).

Filing your income taxes

Each year, IRS form 1099-R is mailed to your address on record at the Fund by January 31. This form is used to file your taxes.

​Changing Your Beneficiary for the Retired Death Benefit

The Designation of Beneficiary for the Retired Death Benefit form must be notarized and mailed in. (Contact the Fund if an annuity has been started under the Principal Guarantee Annuity Option.)